Grandma’s Spicy Vegetable Soup
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5 ltr vegetable stock
1 large carrot
6 garlic cloves
1 large onion
1 tin chopped tomatoes
½ red pepper
½ cup red lentils
1-2 sticks celery
2-3 red chillies, deseeded & chopped
- Heat oil, chop carrot, onion and red pepper into chunks, place in pan, cover and sweat 10 minutes.
- Add chopped celery, leek, garlic and chilli. Sweat 10 minutes.
- Add stock, lentils and tin of chopped tomatoes. Bring to the boil then simmer 30 minutes.
- Liquidise, then season.
- Swap out vegetables depending what is in season and what you have available.
- For thicker soup add more lentils, more veg or less stock.
- Add chilli to your taste.