Smoked Tofu Goulash
280g smoked tofu
1 bay leaf
400g sweet potatoes
75ml white wine
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
4 garlic cloves
400g can chopped tomatoes 500ml vegetable stock
2 tbsp tomato paste
3½ tsp smoked paprika
Bunch fresh parsley
3 tsp ground cumin
Lemon juice, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the chopped onion and garlic, sprinkle with paprika and cumin and cook for 5 minutes until onion is soft.
- Chop the peppers, dice the tofu and sweet potatoes, add to the pan and stir in the tomato paste.
- Add chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, wine and bay leaf. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil and cook over a medium heat for 20-30 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft.
- Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Serve with rice and fresh chopped parsley.