Tahini Lentil Salad
1 yellow/orange pepper, sliced
Zest & juice 1 lemon
200g green beans, trimmed
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 courgette, sliced into half moons
1 garlic clove, crushed
100g shredded kale
250g pre-cooked puy lentils, or 125g dried (allow 20-30 mins cooking time for dried)
- In a small jug or jar, mix the tahini with zest and juice of the lemon and 50ml cold water to make a runny dressing. Season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over med-high heat.
- Add red onion and a pinch of salt and fry 2 mins until softening.
- Add garlic, pepper, green beans and courgette and fry 5-10 mins, stirring.
- Tip in shredded kale, lentils and tahini dressing. Heat for 2 mins, stirring everything together until all coated in the creamy dressing.
- Swaps – use whatever veggies you have available!