1 tbsp oil
½ pint stock
Tofu weiner sausages x 8, cut into 2cm rounds
Breadcrumbs (3 slices approx)
1 red & 1 green pepper, chopped 1 tbsp paprika
2 onions, chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 sticks of celery, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
2 handfuls parsley
Bunch thyme, tied
2 x 400g tins mixed beans
- Heat oil in a large pan, add onions, carrots, celery and peppers, and sweat on a low heat for 5 minutes (lid on).
- Add paprika, bay leaf and thyme and fry for a few minutes before adding the stock and beans (drained and rinsed).
Bring to the boil, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chopped sausages and heat through.
- Add ⅔ of the breadcrumbs, keep on a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Crush and chop up garlic and combine with the chopped parsley, olive oil and the remaining breadcrumbs. Add at the last minute, stir through and serve.