Spicy Miso Aubergine & Broccoli Salad
Serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side
2 medium aubergines, chopped into bite-sized chunks
1 large head of broccoli, chopped into florets
Pinch of chilli flakes
Handful coriander, chopped
Handful sesame seeds
1 thumb sized piece ginger, grated
4 tbsp miso paste
Juice 1 lime
1 tbsp rice vinegar
3 tbsp sesame oil
- Preheat oven 240 (fan 220).
- For the dressing, blitz miso, lime juice, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger and salt and pepper until smooth. Alternatively dissolve miso paste in tablespoon of boiling water and stir in other ingredients.
- In a large baking tray, mix aubergine with the dressing and roast 30-35 minutes.
- Remove tray from the oven and switch to the grill setting.
- Mix broccoli florets with the aubergine and grill for 10 minutes until broccoli lightly charred on top.
- Once cooked remove from oven, place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with chilli flakes, coriander and sesame seeds before serving.